Thursday, October 14, 2010

No Fedor fight in 2010? Overeem blames M-1; Instead Strikeforce offers up the other Overeem versus 'Big Foot' Silva

After dealing with the drama of his heavyweight division, you wonder if Scott Coker wants to put his head through a wall. The Strikeforce CEO wants to get his two hottest tickets, Fedor Emelianenko and Alistair Overeem, in the cage sooner than later. But between dealing with Fedor's management team M-1 and Overeem's jammed fight schedule, the fight looks like it may never happen. In the meantime, the best Strikeforce can come up with from its excellent heavyweight roster is to pit Overeem's older brother, Valentijn (28-25) against Antonio "Big Foot" Silva on Dec. 4. So why isn't Strikeforce ready to announce Fedor against the younger Overeem? The Dutch monster says it's all M-1's fault: "M-1 is doing a great job of keeping Fedor away of the true reality about what is going on. If Fedor reads the internet especially in the US then he will be shocked how many bad things have been said about him and especially M-1. They singlehandedly destroyed the legacy Fedor had with all their weird demands and strange comments during the year," said Overeem. "So I hope Fedor reads this and I will tell him exactly what happened. You challenged me too late and I was already committed for the K-1 and don’t blame me because I was calling you out for more than a year but your management company gave all sort of excuses not to fight me. They need months of negotiations with Strikeforce before they can make a fight happen and I’m not the person that’s going to wait for you because I want to fight as much as I can. I’m more than happy to fight you but now you have to wait for me this time, sorry about that."Overeem says M-1 looks foolish with actions that contradict its words."After (the Fedor-Brett Rogers) fight, I challenged him again and then all the discussion came; (Fedor's manager) Vadim (Vadim Finkelchstein) telling he wanted a special drug testing and calling me a steroid bully and I wasn’t a worthy opponent for Fedor and all those things," said Overeem. "... calling me a steroid bully but express the desire to fight Josh Barnett or how about this, saying I’m not a worthy opponent but choose Brett Rogers as first opponent. So M-1 have to do damage control again (laughs). Then they made the decision to fight Werdum over me so I could fight Brett Rogers instead."Overeem also says M-1 is lying about a possible Werdum-Fedor rematch. "Unfortunately, Werdum had a surgery on his elbow so he was out. M-1 was still saying that Fedor would rather fight Werdum because the fans want that fight the most, there we have another lie again. If you look at all the internet polls you could clearly see that the fans wanted Fedor versus me. Even on their own international website m-1global.com you could see that! They quickly put down the poll when I said it in the media," said Overeem."Then to make things more crazy; Fedor challenged me!! The first time in history, Fedor ever challenged somebody, but sorry I was already committed with the K-1 and I know that M-1 knew that I had said yes to K-1. They wanted to blame me for not fighting with Fedor on December. Then I came up with the perfect solution; Fedor fighting Antonio Silva and then me versus Werdum and the winner of both fights will fight each other…Unfortunately M-1 didn’t want to fight Antonio Silva. The soap continues."Yes it does and as fight fans we all lose out. This is starting to feel eerily similar to boxing's problem of trying to make a Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight.Shane The Engineer Carwin  Jason Hollywood Chambers Ryo Piranha Chonan  Dan The Sandman Christison  Logan The Pink Pounder Clark 

No comments:

Post a Comment